Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Rumors of My Demise

Faithful readers, I apologize for the blog silence over the last few weeks.  You will be happy to know that the downtime has been for good reason, and this downtime will ultimately benefit you.

Reasons I have been distracted:

  • As of yesterday, I am officially done with graduate school.  Defending and revising my thesis on nonprofit publishing absorbed a great deal of my time.
  • I am writing two more books.  Both are about jiu-jitsu and are through a new publisher that I am working with.
  • I am consulting on two other book projects, not jiu-jitsu related.
  • I am doing freelance writing and copy work.
I am excited to tell you about the jiu-jitsu books and about the publisher I am working with, but that will come in time.  For now, know that the first will be out in late October, and the second will arrive early in 2013.  These are in addition to the two Victory Belt books--one with BJ Penn and one with Neil Melanson--that have not yet gone to print.  Before you ask, no, I don't know when they are going to print.  That is out of my hands.  I can tell you, however, that BJ's book is especially awesome.  It's another installment of the Book of Knowledge series.

Next week, I will be posting a Faixa Rua gi review.  I spent three months beating the crap out of it to write this review, so check back to see how it held up.

And we will end with a small chuckle to hold you over until next week.

How I feel watching white belts perfect their flying armbars:



No comments:

Post a Comment