Monday, January 20, 2014

Meet One of My Biggest Fans (And Win a Free Copy of Mastering Triangle Chokes)


This is Kelly.

I met Kelly about four years ago when she started training at Steel City Martial Arts. Now a blue belt, Kelly drives over an hour one-way to the gym three to four times a week. She currently heads our women's program, she is addicted to Groundswell Grappling women's camps, and she frequently travels to compete.

Kelly has become one of my biggest supporters. She packs extra copies of The Cauliflower Chronicles in her bag so that she can hand them out to people who haven't heard of it, whether they train or not. She gives out copies to coworkers, to friends, and to complete strangers. Any time I have a new project, Kelly is the first to champion the cause and to tell as many people as she can.

And this is just one facet of her generosity. Kelly (and her husband, Tom) are relentlessly giving. They will happily help anyone, anytime, anywhere without question. In many ways, they've become role models for me, and their influence has made me rethink the way I live my life and the way I treat people around me.

In honor of Kelly, I am giving away ten free copies of my new book, Neil Melanson's Mastering Triangle Chokes. No, I'm not collecting emails for a sleazy marketing campaign full of squeeze pages, fake testimonials, and misleading fine print. I'm not demanding Facebook likes or retweets.

All I'm asking is that you head over to r/BJJ (an awesome BJJ community; if you aren't a member, you should be), and share a story about someone you met through jiu-jitsu that had a positive effect on your life. At 9am EST on Tuesday morning, the ten stories with the most upvotes will receive a free copy of Mastering Triangle Chokes. Please post your stories in this thread.

I'm looking forward to hearing your stories, and I hope that telling your story inspires you to send a thank you to the person you wrote about. Cheers.

If you'd like a free book from me without having to enter a contest, checkout 3-D Jiu-Jitsu, my newest instructional experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment